1) Throw together Boring Porridge (Coconut Breeze)
2) with Coconut Milk and a handful of frozen blueberries.
3) Warm if needed in microwave and enjoy!
Simple & quick yet awesome tasty blast of antioxidents right in the morning
Boring Porridge Coconut Pancakes
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins- 15 mins
1 cup Boring Porridge – coconut breeze
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol free)
2 bananas, mashed
2 tbsp almond milk
A bit of coconut oil, for frying
1) Mix Boring Porridge with baking powder in a bowl
2) In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the banana & almond milk. Mix well
3) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix until well combined
4) Heat some coconut oil in a pan and cook the pancakes. Everyone knows how to cook pancakes, right?
5) Note – they will need a bit more time on each side compared to a ‘normal’ pancake.
You can definately try baking/cooking with Boring Porridge – Chocolate Chips to make out of this world Chocolate Chip pancakes, muffins, or cookies!
Boring Porridge Yogurt Parfait
Total time required: 3 minutes
1) Mix Boring Porridge with water/milk as normal.
2) Add a heaping spoon of plain Greek Yogurt.
3) Drizzle with fresh berries and/or berry jam (Black berry season for the lucky ones in BC), and sliced almonds.
4) And finish off with a dash of Maple Syrup if you’re got a sweet tooth!
5) Serve immediately, or cover, and chill for up to 2 hours.
Totally kick-butt snack for those lazy afternoons.
Boring Porridge Smoothie
1 cup almond milk
Boring Porridge – as much as you like
5 large strawberries
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom optional
1/2 Banana optional
Just add a few tablespoons of Boring Porridge Natural to your normal smoothie and you have an instant booster of protein, fibre, omegas, and vitamins!
Talk about a loaded 1 minute breakfast that will truly get your day off to a jumping start.
Boring Coconut Baked Apples
4 large good baking apples, such as Rome Beauty, Golden Delicious, or Jonagold
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Coconut Boring Porridge
1 Tbsp butter
3/4 cup boiling water
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash apples. Remove cores to 1/2 inch of the bottom of the apples. It helps if you have an apple corer, but if not, you can use a paring knife to cut out first the stem area, and then the core. Use a spoon to dig out the seeds. Make the holes about 3/4-inch to an inch wide.
2) In a small bowl, combine the sugar and Boring Porridge. Place apples in a 8-inch-by-8-inch square baking pan. Stuff each apple with this mixture. Top with a dot of butter (1/4 of the Tbps).
3) Add boiling water to the baking pan. Bake 30-40 minutes, until tender, but not mushy. Remove from the oven and baste the apples several times with the pan juices.
Serve warm with vanilla icecream on the side.
Easy to forgive yourself some butter and sugar when it is mixed with good stuff.